There are many ways for Transgender and Gender Non-Confirming New Yorkers to become involved in advocacy and policy.
Volunteer or Intern
The New York Transgender Advocacy Group (NYTAG) rely heavily on volunteers and interns to produce programming that will lead to advancing the lives of TGNC individuals. NYTAG provides a wealth of options to give back.
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization and we appreciate those who take their time to help us achieve our goal. A few volunteer opportunities have included (not exhaustive):
- Engaging in administrative tasks
- Hosting a fundraiser
- Staffing a special event
- Mentoring a peer advocate
Interns come from an array of disciplines and courses of study. From Social Work to Business, students get to use what they are learning in class in a real world setting. A few intern projects have included (not exhaustive) :
- Produce a White Paper on issues the TGNC community faces
- Conduct a needs assessment
- Supervise a leadership meeting
- Facilitate a sensitivity training to service providers