The New York Transgender Advocacy Group believes that economic inequality is currently the single greatest concerns facing the Transgender Gender Non-Conforming (TGNC) community. The Transgender Economic Justice Program will provide knowledge, skills, and financial investment to build entrepreneurs, addressing the economic disparity in the TGNC community.
Expose participants to:
· successful members of the business community;
· basics in marketing and communications;
· accounting and bookkeeping;
· finances for for websites and business permits;
· and much more.
The program itself is comprised of a day-long workshop and three skill-based workshops. In addition to the group instruction. Participants will also receive one-on-one support to help them acquire retail licenses, achieve greater publicity, or whatever else their enterprise needs to succeed.
This program is open to photographers, welders, fashion designers, bakers, massage therapists, jewelry-makers, and aspiring TGNC entrepreneurs from all walks of life.
· produce a small-scale enterprise;
· create a support network of peers and mentors
· achieve financial empowerment
The ideal applicant will:
· Have an existing product or project with ambitions for further development;
· Possess concrete and realistic short and long-term goals for their business;
· Be able to attend four professional-development workshops;
· Be a New York City resident the identifies as either Transgender or Gender Non-Conforming.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, February 15, 2019