There are many ways for Transgender and Gender Non-Confirming New Yorkers to become involved in advocacy and policy.
Become a Peer Advocate
New York Transgender Advocacy Group (NYTAG) hires TGNC Peer Advocates to help advance the organization’s mission through supporting the communication strategy, community programming, and advocacy agenda. The Peer Advocates play a critical role in helping the organization create quality programs for the transgender community.
You can find roles/responsibilities and directions to apply below.
Assist staff in development and implementation of innovative programs and projects
Conducting community outreach and engagement withTransgender & Gender Nonconforming individuals throughout NYC
Organize and record data and updates to project management documents
Provide general/administrative support to the organization’s executive team
Compile data and maintain various organizational databases
Identify and evaluate local community needs and traits through developing and analyzing surveys and focus groups at trainings
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for NYTAG’s mission and an unwavering commitment to ensuring quality programs and excellence in organizational and project management;
- Excellent written, oral communication, and critical thinking skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to manage, and cultivate/maintain solid working relationships with colleagues and co-workers, funders and partners at local and national levels;
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
How to Apply
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line Peer Advocate.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No Phone Calls Please. Due to the large volume of responses we receive, NYTAG is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.